Monday 14 February 2011

taste of summer!

I spent a part of today uploading my camera contents into IPhoto rather than doing some Bakehouse work.  Oops!  As well as lots of my cosy wee cottage in the snow, mad group sledging images and a few crazy dog pics, I found some that made me feel all summery and hopeful!  I've attached two of my favs!  How can sunflowers not make you feel like summer is not far away....not to mention contented looking sheep grazing lazily in the sunshine.  Aww... :)  Makes me appreciate where I am lucky enough to live all the more! (sorry - that sounds corny - och well!)
sunflowers - a touch of summer!







sheep in the sunshine on a lovely summer's day!




The roulade in all its glory!

 I was prompted into action. I may not be able to change the weather, sadly, but I can cook to feel summery.  Time to try a new Simmon Rimmer recipe - goats cheese and sun blush tomato roulade.  A wee taste of sunshine and summer laziness on a plate - and great for sharing with friends too! (which is what I did). Served with lemony new potatoes and a mixed green salad it served it's purpose and shut out the February dreichness for an evening anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment