Thursday 17 February 2011

Chillies

a lovely bunch of spicy success!
Every year my esteemed house-mate tries to grow chillies - and fails!!  Think it must be the Scottish weather!  Great news though - this year, after much patience and plant talking, she has had success!!  Oh, and with a little help from the sunny window-sill in her bedroom I think.  :)  Look at the beauties!  Worthy of any chilli appreciator I reckon.  Not sure that she realises that, now that she has been successful, I will expect this to continue.  I have visions of a multitude of chillies to cook with and admire - multi coloured, extra spicy, tiny, massive, unusual, perfect for stuffing ... the list goes on.  In the meantime, take a few minutes to admire the wee treasures!!

And, any ideas as to what I can make with them to do them justice would be appreciated!! I'm thinking a chilli cheese cornbread could be the start ... with a sweetcorn chowder! Yum!  :)  Or a chilli tomato soup, perfect for a grey dank day like today, with thick chunky salt & pepper breadsticks.  Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment