Wednesday 27 April 2011

A bit of tastiness at MUSA

My wee corner at MUSA

Had a good night last night at MUSA, the Museum of the University of St Andrews.  I was invited to have a wee stall showcasing my cakes and catering to other businesses, organisations, worthies and so on.  I met so many lovely and interesting people, from cafe owners to bed & breakfast owners, from Scottish Tourist Board people to our local Farmer's Market organiser.....and so many more people in between.  I'd be here all day if I ran through that list!  It really was a fabulous evening and so great to meet like-minded people who appreciate what I do....and will hopefully buy some of my cakes (fingers crossed!).  I love being able to have face-to-face conversations with folk to talk about what I do, what I hope to do and to find out if I can do anything to fill a gap in their business.  Also, to pick up tips and ideas from other business owners - it's amazing what you learn and what thoughts you can develop from wee chats like that.

Lots of tasty samples
I made some of my babycakes as samples....and lets face it, who doesn't love a wee taster of cake that looks cute.  They flew off the plates!!  I did chocolate fudge, vanilla, and the most popular, banoffee.  Who knew banoffee could be so popular! I learnt something there alone, before meeting some great people and hopefully, making some fabby contacts.  I did learn that I should be taking some of my special diets baking to the next event I attend.  Oops on my behalf there! Next time, there will be samples of something suitable, promise! I've attached a couple of pics so you can see what I was up to!
An abundance of banoffee baby cakes
And, as an added aside, if you are ever in St Andrews, make sure you visit the Guid Cheese Shop in Burghers Close on South Street.  The girls who run it are lovely, so so knowledgable and the cheese was to die for.  Thanks to MUSA for putting me next to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment