Sunday 3 April 2011

Dairsie Does Different, brilliantly!

What a fantastic day!! The sun shone, the wind blew, the bunting flapped like mad and people smiled!  We had so much support, especially from the Dairsie folk and everybody, our truly amazing stall holders and our fabulous customers alike, had a great day!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped and came along.  Me and Lindsay couldn't have done it without you guys!!  It was such a great day that I think we may do it again - how does Dairsie Does Different @ Christmas sound to everyone?!
 
As advertised, we had storytelling from Hamespun Tales which entertained young and old alike, the many talents of the Middleton Miscellany, Adrian Murray's jewellery which I have fallen in love with and of course, Suzanne at WhimsicAL LusH's wonderful knitted rabbits and other quirky bits and pieces (I'm even more adoring of her things than ever!).  Eleanor Mather's amazing papercraft creations were flying off the shelves, Lindsay's Equestrian art was much ooh-ed and ahh-d over (and produced a commission too - yeah!), Mike's photos were much admired, Sarah's handmade sweets were delicious and Creature Couture's aliens the talk of the show! Paula's soaps were a hit and Catriona's glassware was beautiful and our last minute entry, our reflexologist added a lovely finishing touch to the fair.  I fear I may have spent more than I should have but, what the heck, it was worth every penny!

Here are just a few pics of the day to give you a feel.  The next post will be the Bakehouse honest!  Yep, I did have a stall and am so delighted at how well my wee cake creations were received.  I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat about it all!  :)   Details of that will follow - I'm waiting for my pics to be emailed by my ever so lovely brother!
Roger's art work.

Art at it's best!

Networking in progress....

Smiley, happy people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment