Monday 7 March 2011

Something a bit more foody...

So, after being completely absorbed by Dairsie Does Different of late, I thought it was about time I did something food related on the blog.  It is what I do after all!  And besides, I need to re-ground myself in cake!!  It is, of course, the answer to everything.

Elmo
I've had a busy couple of weeks with birthdays so cake has been much needed.  It does of course, make a birthday does it not!  And, when I'm making cake for friends and family I get to experiment too.  They are used to me, believe me!! Red Velvet Elmo cupcakes and Coffee and Walnut Cake were the main event this month.  The recipient of the Elmo Cupcakes is probably old enough to know better but hey, who doesn't love Elmo??!!!

And as for the Coffee and Walnut, well, who doesn't adore that?!  Richly coffee-ey and chock full of walnuts, it is a wee bit of tasty sophistication if you ask me.
Coffee and Walnut in all it's glory

I've had a carrot cake thrown into the mix for good measure too.  And it is a carrot cake - devoid of nuts, raisins, pineapple or any other contaminants!  My carrot cake is full of only carrots....as it should be if you ask me!!  Moist, suitably cinnamon-y and delightfully speckled with shredded carrot.  Mmmmm.....who could resist that!?!

Today's plan then is to enter into the spirit of British Pie Week. A good excuse to make pie I think!  I feel a savoury option coming on today - possibly a good ol' Homity Pie,  full of lovely squishy potato, a creamy sauce and topped with cheese.  Yummy! Or, having had a look at the British Pie Week website, it could be the Roasted Veg Pie.  To tempt you too have a look at the website! - http://www.britishpieweek.co.uk/   Sweet Pie will feature later in the week I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment