Monday 21 March 2011

Cranberry Crumble Cake

deliciously naughty!

One of my greatness pleasures in life is discovering a new cookbook!  Something to tantilise the tastebuds, get those creative juices flowing and open doors to endless possibilites of taste sensations.  I weakened at the weekend and purchased such a luxury.  Having spent a happy morning lusting over the colour pictures, devouring the ingredients mentally and then absorbing the methods, I settled on a Blueberry Crumble Loaf Cake as my first foray into baking heaven.  Well, except I had to vary it a little as I had no blueberries but loads and loads of cranberries in my freezer instead (courtesy of Sainsbugs much cheapness section at Christmas!) - hence, my Cranberry Crumble Loaf Cake.  It is beautifully buttery, not overly sweet, has a subtle hint of cinnamon and the tartness of the cranberries works oh so well with the crunch of the pecans.  And, it looks pretty too with the cranberries peaking through like little jewels of bright red juice! Oh so scrummy and delicious!  It is so delightful, I think it may become a regular - maybe with blueberries too! - and it is on my "to bake" list for Dairsie Does Different.

No comments:

Post a Comment