Wednesday 2 November 2011

the world is alive, with the smell of cupcakes....

Cupcakes are without a shadow of a doubt the trendy thing, aren't they?  I love doing them and am starting to get a bit more creative with the designs, flavours and themes I use.  Previous attempts, especially with flavours, are littered throughout my blog, but that is no excuse to stop trying:  and, of course, to keep my readers up to date with what I've been playing around with recently.  My lovely customers are helping with their requests for things that are a little different. I'm all for a challenge!  In the last week, I've been challenged to a giant cupcake with additional "normal" ones adorned with shoes and bags - an 18th birthday cake so it had to be girly, sparkly and fun!  - and a Hallowe'en themed set.   Fun, fun, fun!!
So, the giant cupcake, for you food-a-holics out there, was a chocolate-vanilla marble cake with a chocolate buttercream puddle in the middle and vanilla buttercream frosting.  It complimented the small cupcakes which were a mix of chocolate fudge and vanilla.  The same flavours as my Hallowe'en ones I should add.  I did experiment with a Hallowe'en one for my own purposes.  It looked like the pic but was Lemon & Slime - yummy!  Think lemon sponge with a very green puddle of lemon curd slime in the middle and a lemon curd buttercream frosting on the top.  Bit partial to that, I will admit.
Looking forward to my Christmas challenges next.  I'm thinking Christmas trees, Christmas puds, lots of holly, stars and sparkle and maybe snowmen and gingerbread men too.  Well, 'tis the season to be jolly! Dairsie Does Different @ Christmas will have some so watch this space for details.

Shoe and bag heaven

shoe detail - think Jimmy Choo! 

Bag detail - think Hermes.....(or is that just me lusting after a Birkin, again!)

Giant Cupcake with small ones all around...

Boo!!! Bet you jumped!  


Did I say, by the way, that you just have to call me or drop me an email if you'd like to place an order?  I'm working on the best way to post the cupcakes so in the meantime Fife/Angus wide deliveries are offered (for a small charge to cover my petrol).  Or you can arrange to collect from me, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment