Thursday 24 November 2011

Cakecraft School again....

Had an amazing week last week at Paul Bradford's Sugarcraft School.  See his website for details - http://www.designer-cakes.com/  He is an inspiration with massive talent and bucket loads of patience! I spent the week in sugar coated, cakey heaven learning the ins and outs of cake decorating, sugar modelling and sugar flowers not to mention how to run a successful cake decorating business.  Lots of top tips have been absorbed and I'm planning next year's activities in-between the Christmas chaos.  All very exciting and inspiring!   Rather than wax lyrical, I thought I'd show you some cake pics.  Still can't quite believe I made these but have every intention of maintaining the standards and carrying on with the creativity.  Think I may have found my calling (can you hear my Dad sigh with relief!).

My chocolate wrap cake - a chocolate Bailey's sponge
 wrapped in chocolate and decorated to make it look all festive.
I even made the green glittery chocolate roses!  
We were a clever bunch!!  My classmates cakes .
Spot mine - hint, it's front left!


From this ......
..... To this!! Rooooaaaarrrrr!!


Lion cake detail

Loved the sugar modelling, although think I need to work on my scale.  Hmm!


My Jimmy Choo shoe

Front angle of the Jimmy Choo.

Sugar flowers are really not my thing!  My naked Stargazer Lily....
..... Amazing what a bit of colour can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment