Monday 12 September 2011

bread making begins again....

Stilton & Walnut rolls - what's not to love?!!

Haven't really done much bread making of late so thought I should rectify that.  Normally, I'm a follower of the River Cottage Bread book but this month's Good Food magazine tempted me to try a Paul Hollywood recipe.  I love watching him on the Great British Bake-Off and am now convinced that he is the god of all things bread related!  His recipe for Roquefort and Walnut rolls was my inspiration.  I used Stilton rather than Roquefort as he suggests - like a good British cheese so I do (the bluer the better!) - and the substitution didn't disappoint.  Paul says you can use any cheese you have hiding in the fridge so am thinking a cheddary kind of thing may be next or, to be honest, the Stilton and walnut was so wonderful, I'm not sure I want to deviate. They were heaven in a mouthful.  Tangy cheese, subtle walnuttyness and a soft delicate bread dough.  They looked fabulous too - with the swirly effect of the roll just oozing blue cheese, what wasn't to love?!! Perfection.  They went so well with a bowl of sweet potato chowder.  Highly recommended if anyone feels creative!  Let me know if you'd like the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment