Monday 22 August 2011

Disco Diva Birthday Cake

Disco Diva birthday cake for the original Diva - Mariah, eat your heart out! 

My cake decorating skills are improving (I think!), and with guinea pigs in the form of family ready to eat cake, it helps!  My sister's birthday proved to be the perfect excuse to be creative.  Knowing that she isn't a baker (well she is in name but not in temperament - she'd rather be in an operating theatre mopping up pus and marveling at the things a surgeon can do with a black & decker - strange girl!), but knowing that she does appreciate a good cake, she was the perfect excuse to try the Disco Diva cake I've been mulling over.   A rich chocolate sponge with Baileys generously drizzled in the middle and a white chocolate ganache frosting what wasn't to love?!  It seemed to get the thumbs up so I'm happy!


And, whilst I'm remembering, plans are afoot for Dairsie Does Different @ Christmas.  We had such a ball doing the fair in April, we're set for another go.  Dates mooted are the last weekend in November/1st weekend in December but more will be revealed when plans start to firm up.  Thought I should warn you to keep an eye out for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment