Wednesday 1 June 2011

cupcakes and cocktails

I have a love of cocktails.  I mean who doesn't??!!!  I love everything about them - the taste (obviously!), the combinations, the colours, the wee paper umbrellas and plastic-y palm trees.  Fabulous!  It made me think, why wouldn't the flavour combinations work in a cupcake?  A Cup-tail if you will.  So, I've started experimenting - and my gut feeling was correct.  They work!
So far I have a Pina Colada - a scrummy pineapple chunk and coconut laced sponge with a swirl of coconutty buttercream and a cocktail brolly added for good measure.  I'm thinking a swig of Malibu may be worth trying too.  Yum!
I've also been working on the Strawberry Daiquiri - heaven in a glass so a perfect cupcake too?!!  I've mastered the white rum and strawberry laced sponge cake with a white rum and lime buttercream swirl topped with a tasteful decoration of a whole juicy strawberry and a sprinkle of lime zest too.  It makes me want to be sitting on a beach in the sun.  In fact, they both do!! :)
In true Carrie Bradshaw tribute, The Cosmo has featured too.  An orangey, cranberry filled sponge with a twist of lime topped with a cointreau and lime buttercream swirl and dried cranberries and gold glitter.  All you need are the Manolos to go with them!  
I'm thinking Whisky Mac and Margaritas next.

Cosmopolitan Babycakes looking all glam and Sex and the City like

The Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada Cup-tail!



Did I say that I think one at least will feature at the Angus Show next week?!   Date for your diary - I'll be at the Angus Show in the Showcase Marquee on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th June.  Details next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment